Getting the right tiling result
The floor or wall tiles have been laid and on inspection you have found that there are problems that appear t be some sort of tiling defects. What next?
What are tiling defects?
- The type and quality of tiles as well as the quality of all of the other materials used is defective
- The quality of workmanship applied by the tiler is incorrect
- The compatibility of the choice of materials with the actual useage will cause problems
What can cause tiling defects?
- Uneven surfaces, blemishes, , irregular joint sizes, lipping, shading
- Staining, loss of adhesion, crazing, fracturing, absorption stains, mildew growth
- Excessive wear, loss of slip resistance, cleanability issues
Before you begin a dispute with your builder – get a clear understanding of the particular issues and possible options you have!